Monday, June 7, 2010

Review: Modern Warfare 2's Resurgence Map Pack

Ok so Activision, who is known for milking their franchises, well did it again. Another 15 dollar map pack has arrived like a month after we were blessed with the Stimulus package. It brings us nothing but 3 new maps and 2 maps from Call Of Duty 4. The COD4 maps include Vacant, an all time favorite of fans, and another fave Strike. Now I'll get into the flashback maps in a bit, but lets review the brand new maps.

Where do we start? Let's start with the most eye appealing, Carnival.

Ok so I haven't spent TOO MUCH time on this map, but believe me you don't really have to, to hate it. Now me, as a Domination mode player will review the map as Domination instincts. Now as we all know in Dom, being spawn trapped is common, as most people play for kills then just plan ol' objectiveness. Lets just say if you only have point C, you're fucked. THis is a map where people will camp the shit outta you. Now I have played the Resurgence playlist so I've played this map on other game modes, and well you are gonna get camped no matter what. The fun house and rocket ship areas seem to be all time quick faves to hide and either snipe or noob tube. I prefer the castle by the bumper cars as I almost got a nuke from that spot before I was quickly RPG-7ed. People will also hop on top of one of the roller coaster's camelback drops quickly picking you off and if you skip the kill cam, you wont know what the fuck happened to you. Overall the map design is unique and cool, as this map is a great team based map since you and your teammates can easily call out spots like "YO HE;S BY THE ROCKET SHIP!" or "DUDE THE MERRY GO ROUND!". You will have fun on this map in certain game modes, but I do warn you, you might just get mad if you are trying to play for the objective, but hey thats COD for you right?

Ok next map is Fuel, already one of my personal favorites.

Ok so lets just say Fuel is HELLA BIG. You would expect a map like this come outta Battlefield: Bad Company 2. There is basically just a big open waste of space just chilling there on one of the sides. This map is nicely designed in my opinion. Alotta fights will be done in the main warehouse (where point B is in Domination). It has an underground level that will lead you to the open waste of space. Other buildings include several offices where snipers will be picking you off from, but they can be easily targeted by a nice aim to the head from the bottom levels. For a big map you would expect there to be a few places to hide. Well lets just say all the places that you can hide in are noticeable, and everyones gonna know where they are fast. I personally chill in the warehouse picking people off from one of the spawns if we have the middle point. Not alot of people like this map that I've talked too, prolly cuz of the insane size that makes a map like Rust look like a microscopic ameoba, and a map like Wasteland that you thought was huge look like a chocolate chip. Overall, its ok, I mean bigger is better... right? RIGHT?


Next new map is Trailer Park...

This is another good level and original in design. There's not much to say about this level as it is small. There is a couple of "trailers" or run down shacks you can run and take cover in, but can easily be shot up without FMJ attached. I really dunno what else to say about this so um, yea whatever. Good map, good times.




And I feel I don't really need to review 2 old maps, Strike and Vacant. One is really small, other is sniper happy. So um yea, overall this map pack? I personally like these levels more than what Stimulus offered. Only map I really liked from there was Salvage anyway...



No comments:

Post a Comment