Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Man of Music

I grew up listening to music in general. I'm an 80's baby stuck in a 90's world to be honest with you. I usually bump KTU in my car listening to the dance hits of the 90's. There is just something about it that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, reminding me of all the good times I had as a kid, where there was no stress, school was fun and easy, I didn't have problems and I wasn't getting into trouble.. cuz well the police force wasn't as strict as they are now on this wonderful landfill we live on. Today, after waking up from my long ass nap cuz of work at 6 AM killed me, I have 3 videos for you from the 90's from 3 different genres because I dont stick to one musical style. I love everything that catches my ear...

DANCE INFLUENCE... Captain Hollywood Project - More And More (1992)


who doesn't remember this song? You guys may not remember the artist's name but I'm sure if you lived through the 90's this song has crossed your ears. Hands down classic, this song reminds me of the summer air flowing through my messy hair as a kid, driving with my parents to random locations. The movement baby.

HIP-HOP KID... Method Man featuring Mary J. Blige - I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By (1995)


Now I love hip-hop and there are too many classics in the hip-hop world in the 90's and early 2000's but I have to pick my man Meth right now. He's reppin' Shaolin, gotta give him props coming from the slums of Stapelton, same place my dad grew up in and where I hung out during the 90's going to grandma's everyday. Also shouts to Mary J, she has one of the best voices in hip-hop/soul to date, and this classic she shows it, a good blend of an oldie I hear all day in my job at King Kullen mixed with 718 flavor. Sorry for the video quality, stupid assholes on YouTube disabled embedding for half the videos for this song.

and last but not least...

POP PUNK... Blink-182 - What's My Age Again? (1999)



Now this song was released as a single in 2000, but if blink fans know, Enema of the State came out in 99 with All The Small Things as their first single. But hey, that song was outplayed since the day it came out, so I have to bring up What's My Age Again? cuz these guys are hilarious, their songs are so catchy, and I think I can listen to 90% of everything they make. They broke up in 2005 after touring their self titled 2003 album, and made 2 mediocre bands which honestly I didn't even take the time to listen too cuz its not the same.. Now they are back and this is why I'm paying the tribute of the last song of my 90's history lesson...

THANK YOU AND GOOD MORNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment